Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Gordon house and Ferry hike



This week we did three hikes in one day! The first was the Gordon House and Ferry hike. .


Jackson:


This hike started out with a lot of promise. We walked up to a big house, but we could not go in. But we walked around and took lots of pictures. See me showing my handsome side below? The hike was great...a creek to cross and get a little sip, one big hill, but then a little hike through the woods and a glen, then down to a river. Really nice. Great history on this one and nice scenery. I give it 4 PAWs up!!



Jasmine: I like this one too, but it was way too short with too little to show for it. There was one or two nice spots. I would have got me a squirrel, but dad would not let go of the least!! We also got to walk a portion of the "original Natchez Trace highway". Can you imagine how many dogs have walked those paths before us? It is mind boggling. This hike was good fun, but I only give it 3 PAWs up because it was too short!




2 comments:

brd said...

Beautiful! My only question is, "Can you ride horses on this trail?"

cadh 8 said...

Not on this one, but on our first trail we did meet a group of riders. THe dogs had a hard time containing themselves, first in curiosity as they approached, and then in fear as the huge alien creatures got a bit too close for comfort! :)